2023 Waikato Sport & Active Recreation Awards
Terms & Conditions
- Any entry into the Awards by any nominating person (“Nominator”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter of the Awards is Sport Waikato.
- The Awards are open for entry from 7.30am on Monday 31 July 2023 until 11.59pm Friday 29 September 2023.
- To be eligible to enter the Awards you must:
- a) Be a New Zealand citizen during the Promotion Period;
- b) Be aged 18 years or over; and
- c) Comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Employees of Sport Waikato during the Promotion Period are only able to be nominated or nominate if the nomination is directly related to external work that is not associated with their employment at Sport Waikato eg. volunteer work, initiatives run by them in an external capacity.
How to enter
- To enter the Awards a Nominator must nominate a person, organisation or initiative who resides/participates in sporting or active recreation activities in the Waikato region in one of the specified categories (“Nominee”). Nominators are free to submit as many individual entries as they wish and each entry will be judged separately. However, a nomination can not be duplicated and entered into more than one category. They must be separate nominations for different initiatives/people.
- To enter the Awards, Nominators must:
- a) upload and submit their nominations files: categories can be one or all of photos, videos and pdfs. Video files and images created using most digital cameras and mobile phones such as in the .AVI, .MOV, .WMV, and .MPG file formats, jpg, png files, are accepted.
- b) read and accept the Terms and Conditions and provide additional contact details so Sport Waikato can contact the Nominator if their Nominee is selected as a Finalist. Each Nominator’s details will be used solely for the purpose of administrating the competition.
- The Nominator must have the permission in writing of the parents or guardians of a Nominee (where that nominee is a minor) or the permission of the Nominee in writing (where that nominee is over 18 years of age) prior to submitting any entry or uploading any images.
- Sport Waikato takes no responsibility for videos that have been uploaded without permission from those in the video.
- Entries must be completed in accordance with the entry process set out above. No other method of entry will be accepted. Entries which do not meet these criteria may not be considered
- Entries will not be complete until Nominators have uploaded their video/image/files entry and accepted these Terms and Conditions. Sport Waikato reserve the right to disqualify any entries submitted and/or finalised after the Nomination Period has closed.
- The Nominator must keep a digital or hard copy of their video entry. If required, Nominators must supply the original recording of their video entry for use in connection with the Awards, including (but not limited to) for potential broadcast online or transmission by any electronic means.
- All entries will be subject to moderation. Sport Waikato has absolute discretion to accept or reject any entry and to remove any entry already accepted without giving reasons for the decision. Sport Waikato may in particular refuse to upload any video/image entry for the following reasons:
- a) inclusion of defamatory or malicious content;
- b) inclusion of content in video entries to which someone else owns the copyright or other intellectual property rights, such as music, singing, trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, sculpture, posters, pictures, photographs or other artwork, music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programmes, or films made by other users, without the requisite authorisations;
- c) breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- By entering the Awards, Nominators warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Nominators also warrant that they are the copyright owners of their video entries, or have permission from the video owner to submit and must not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy, or any other rights of a third party
- By entering the Awards, Nominators understand and agree that:
- a) they grant Sport Waikato a royalty free, perpetual, sub-licensable and transferable licence which shall be exclusive for broadcast online and non-exclusive for all other forms of media to use their entries for whatever purpose including, without limitation, in connection with any programme produced in relation to the Awards or containing any information in relation to the Awards;
- b) each Nominator indemnifies Sport Waikato from any claim whatsoever in respect of their entry;
- c) to the extent permitted by applicable law, the Nominators unconditionally give Sport Waikato their consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe on any moral rights they may have in and in relation to their entries, and they undertake that they will not institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of any moral rights they may have in and/or in relation to their entries.
- Sport Waikato (including its employees, officers, servants, agents) or any other party or organisation (including their, employees, officers, servants, agents) involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the Awards, or its entry, or implementation of any prize (or their agents or subsidiaries involved in any way in the Awards or any prize) will not accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by us or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control. Proof of submission online is not proof of receipt by Sport Waikato.
- Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, may be void.
- Sport Waikato will not be liable to reimburse any expenses incurred in entering the Awards.
- Sport Waikato reserves the right to disqualify any Nominators and/or entries which it believes have not been made in compliance with these Terms and Conditions or to disqualify any Nominator found to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Awards or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person.
Selection of Winners – all categories
- Representatives of Sport Waikato will judge the nominations in all categories and will notify selected Finalists.
- Sport Waikato may publish the first names and surnames of the Finalists, as well as an image and written information that is relevant to their nomination.
- Sport Waikato reserves the right to select an alternative Finalist in the event that a Finalist is unable to be contacted.
- Representatives of Sport Waikato will judge the nominations and will select a winner from the selected Finalists.
The winning Finalist in each category:
- a) will win a trophy and will be presented with the trophy by a representative of Sport Waikato at an awards evening on Thursday 15 February 2024 at Claudelands in Hamilton;
- b) will be filmed/photographed receiving the trophy by a representative of Sport Waikato and each Nominator and Nominee consents to such recording being uploaded to the Sport Waikato website/social media;
- c) category finalists must be available to take part in interviews and/or any other promotional materials and/or events if requested by Sport Waikato..
In the event that the winner is not available when required, Sport Waikato reserve the right, in its absolute discretion, to select an alternative winner.
- Sport Waikato reserve the right to acknowledge in any manner that it considers suitable any entry that it considers deserving of recognition and will contact the relevant Nominator and Nominee in respect of that entry.
- The first names and surnames of the Finalists and the Awards winners may be available from the date the various Finalists are selected for a minimum period of three months.
- The Nominators and Nominees agree that Sport Waikato may use all Finalists’ names, images, and their comments relating to the Awards experience for promotion of these Awards, and for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without liability to pay compensation to any Nominator or Nominee.
- All entries to the Awards are the property of Sport Waikato. In accordance with the Privacy Act 1993, Sport Waikato will collect and hold personal information (as defined in the Privacy Act) about the Nominator and the Nominee to conduct the Awards, keep the Nominator and the Nominee updated on the Awards, and the Nominator and the Nominee consent to the use of their personal information for these purposes.
- The information that Nominators supply in connection with the Awards (including their personal details):
- a) may be included in a database compiled for the Awards and will be used for the purposes of selecting Finalists;
- b) may also be used for inclusion and/or read out in any programme produced in connection with the Awards; and
- c) will not be supplied to third parties other than as is reasonably necessary to select Finalists and administer the Awards.
- Sport Waikato's decision in all matters to do with the Awards will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, Sport Waikato, its employees and agents will not be liable for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any Nominator or Nominee entering the Awards or as a result of accepting the Award (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence). Sport Waikato, its employees and agents will not be liable for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Nominators or Nominees or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Awards.
- Late, lost, stolen, misdirected, illegal, incomplete, illegible, damaged, reproduced, or altered entries will be excluded from the Awards. Sport Waikato is not responsible for any excluded entries, or for any error, technical malfunction, loss, omission, communications delay or failure that occurs during the Awards.
- If for any reason any aspect of these Awards are not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of Sport Waikato, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Awards, Sport Waikato may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Awards, or invalidate any affected Entries.
- Sport Waikato reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. The varied Terms and Conditions will be posted on the Sport Waikato website. The varied Terms and Conditions will be effective on and from the date they are posted on the website.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand.
- Any questions regarding the Awards, please contact Emily at Lime & Soda, 0800 365 630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or post Brian Perry Sport House, Wintec Rotokauri Campus, 51 Akoranga Road, Hamilton 3200.